Special collection section is a section under the Department of Reference and Community Information Services in Sokoine National Agricultural Library (SNAL). This section was established for the purpose of receiving, registering, and maintaining special collection of publications published by SUA, Government of the Republic of Tanzania, and books with East African coverage as well as providing reference services to users of such resources.
Services provided under this section include:
- User education - how to use various databases e.g. TaCCIRe, SUAIR, Library catalogue, TEEAL, Libhub
- Processing newspapers and making them available for users
- Shelving and shelf reading
- Preparing statistics of users
- Record new government and international publications; making available for users
- Registering new theses and dissertations; making them available for users